1/3 c. honey
1/2 c. sugar, divided
12 ounces ripe apricots, quartered
1/3 c. each raw almonds and pistachios
1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
10 sheets phyllo dough
1/2 c. melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bring honey and 1/4 c. sugar to a simmer in a saucepan, stirring to blend. Remove from heat and add apricots.
2. Whirl nuts, cardamom, and remaining cup sugar in a food processor until mostly ground. Set aside 2 Tbs.
3. Lay a piece of parchment paper on a work surface. Working with 1 phyllo sheet at a time, set on paper, brush with butter and sprinkle with a scant 2 Tbs. nut mixture; repeat, stacking filo and pressing down to seal.
4. Spoon apricots with a bit of honey mixture along one long side of prepared phyllo layers. Roll up. Arrange roll on the diagonal on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush with more honey mixture, sprinkle with reserved 2 Tbs. nut mixture.
5. Bake until browned and juices are bubbling out the ends, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool completely before slicing and serving.