1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 medium red onion, finely diced
1-2 heads cauliflower, stalks and stems removed
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
sea salt and pepper, to taste
¼ cup chopped cilantro (optional)
1/3 cup pistachios (optional)
1. Place the cauliflower florets in a food processor and pulse until finely ground to the consistency of couscous.
2. Heat a wide, heavy sauté pan over medium heat. Add the coconut oil and the onion and sauté until the onion softens, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the cauliflower and sauté for a few minutes. Cover the pan and cook for about 5-10 minutes, stirring every so often, until the cauliflower is almost tender, but not mushy. Uncover and stir in the turmeric and season to taste. Allow the cauliflower to brown a little then turn off the heat.
4. Add the cilantro and pistachios, if using. Stir in gently to combine.
5. Transfer to a serving bowl or platter and serve.