Broccoli is commonly acknowledged as a super food. High in fiber, broccoli is a good source of vitamin B-6, and is also rich in calcium and vitamin C.
6 ounces rice noodles
1 cup broccoli, cut up
1 bunch kale, de-stemmed and cut into bite sized pieces, then “massaged”
1 cucumber, sliced
1/2 cup peanuts
1/3 cup rice vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons honey
12-16 drops sesame oil
12-16 drops chile oil
1/4 cup olive oil
1. Boil noodles until just soft, do not over cook. Rinse in cold water.
2. Stem broccoli for about 2 minutes, until crisp-tender.
3. Prepare the “massaged” kale
4. To make the dressing, mix all the dressing ingredients together. You can play with the sesame and chile oils to get the flavors you like. When adding salt. remember the noodles are bland, so the dressing may require more salt than expected.
5. To compose the salad, make a bed of kale. Layer the noodles, then the cucumber, broccoli., peanuts, and dressing.