Thank you to Chef Crystal, a former Bauman College student, for this recipe.
1 cup boiling water
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried oregano
¼ cup ground flax seed
1 cup almonds, roasted
1 clove garlic, smashed and coarsely chopped
1 cup chopped kale
1 cup chopped chard
1 cup packed arugula
3 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
1 tablespoon miso paste
1 teaspoon lemon zest
½ cup brown rice flour
½ cup coconut flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a tea ball infuser, add the thyme and oregano. Place in a small jar with the boiling water, cover with a lid and let steep for 20 minutes.
3. In a food processor, add flax seeds and tea, pulse to combine and let sit 2 minutes. Add the almonds and garlic and pulse until almonds are well chopped.
4. Add the remaining ingredients to the food processor and pulse until very well combined and smooth. Scoop out the mixture and add to a medium bowl. Set aside.
5. In a small bowl, add the brown rice and coconut flours, baking soda, and salt. Mix well to combine. Add to the green mixture and stir until well incorporated.
6. On a parchment paper lined baking sheet, use a tablespoon to scoop out half rounds of mix, arranging them with a small apace between them. Bake 30 minutes, until lightly browned. Allow to cool.
Makes 12 biscuits