Serves 6 or more
This is a recipe from Nava Atlas ‘Wild About Greens.’ I wanted to share this great dish with you!
1 c. red quinoa, rinsed in a sieve
10 ounces kale, de-stemmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
2 Tbs. olive oil
2 c. fresh or thawed corn kernels
1 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 c. halved cherry or grape tomatoes
2 Tbs. lemon juice, or more, to taste
1/4 c. minced basil or dill, to taste
sea salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 c. toasted pumpkin seeds for garnish
1. Combine the quinoa with 2 c. water in a medium saucepan.
2. Bring to a rapid simmer, then lower the heat, cover, and simmer gently for 15 minutes until the stock is absorbed.
3. Allow the cooked quinoa to cool to room temperature.
4. In a large serving bowl, massage the kale by rubbing small amounts of olive oil in your palms and massaging the kale for 30-60 seconds, until it turns bright green and softens.
5. Add cooked quinoa to the kale in the serving bowl, along with the remaining ingredients.
6. Stir well, sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and serve.