1 bunch radishes
1 small onion, sliced
2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
3 small green chilies, crushed
1 pinch of turmeric powder
oil for sauté
a pinch of mustard seeds
a sprig curry leaves (optional)
sea salt to taste
roll all of the radish leaves together and slice into “ribbons”
- In a pan, add some oil. Add the mustard seeds.
- When the mustard seeds sputter, add curry leaves and onions. Saute for 3-5 minutes until the edges of the onions turn slightly brown.
- Add the crushed garlic, chilies, and turmeric powder. Saute for a minute or less.
- Add the radishes and mix well, add salt. Cook covered for about 3-4 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Once the radishes seem soft, remove the lid and crank up the heat. Saute on high for a couple minutes more. The radishes will be soft, but crunchy.
- After you remove the radishes to a plate, in the same pan, quickly sauté the leaves for a few seconds and add it to the top of the radishes.
- For the best results, serve right from the stove.