½ medium cabbage, outer leaves removed
1 tablespoon olive oil
freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons white balsamic or white-wine vinegar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
2 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Coat a large baking sheet with oil.
- To prepare the cabbage: Cut cabbage half into four wedges, cut out any thick core, leaving wedges intact as much as possible. Drizzle the cut sides with 1tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Place the wedges flat-side down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast the cabbage for 12 minutes. Carefully flip over (it is ok if it falls apart a little) and roast until browned on both sides, about 8 minutes more.
- To prepare the vinaigrette: Combine mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Add chives and oil; stir until well combined.
- Transfer the cabbage to a serving plate (or plates) and drizzle with the vinaigrette while still hot. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Serves 4, one wedge each